1. By more than one measure, 2014 is a year the Honda Motor Co. would prefer to forget or to obscure, reflected in a roundabout way by its grand slogan for 2015, “The Year of Honda.”
2. A fascinating study from researchers at the University of North Florida reveals that running barefoot may actually improve your memory more than running with shoes. While most memory studies seem to take place in a laboratory or room where everyone sits at a table, this experiment definitely introduced an interesting idea to the search for a better memory. The experiment focused on something called "working memory," which is the human ability to process information and recall details throughout life. The scientists published the results of their study in "Perceptual and Motor Skills," and found that running barefoot resulted in a not-insignificant memory boost when compared with memory performance after running with shoes. The researchers found that tossing your shoes off and running for about 16 minutes at a comfortable pace could result in a 16% improvement in working memory performance.
4. Boston Consulting Group could also be poised to make a change given its managing partner, Richard Lesser, is due to come to the end of his second term in October. His future is unclear, however, as the firm declined to comment on its election process or how many terms its leader can serve.
6. 11. 另外26部我喜爱的影片——为什么不呢？其中很多影片本可以跻身我的十佳之列的。《迷失1971》(’71)、《艾米》(Amy)、《失常》(Anomalisa)、《骇客交锋》(Blackhat)、《芝拉克》(Chi-Raq)、《机械姬》(Ex Machina)、《实验者》(Experimenter)、《诉讼》(Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem)、《恐龙当家》(The Good Dinosaur)、《伟人》(The Great Man)、《头脑特工队》(Inside Out)、《奋斗的乔伊》(Joy)、《洛杉矶消逝的风景》(Lost Landscapes of Los Angeles)、《魔力麦克2》(Magic Mike XXL)、《办公室》(Office)、《结果》(Results)、《荒野猎人》(The Revenant)、《西默简介》(Seymour: An Introduction)、《小羊肖恩》(Shaun the Sheep Movie)、《女间谍》(Spy)、《冲出康普顿》(Straight Outta Compton)、《橘色》(Tangerine)、《廷巴克图》(Timbuktu)、《生活残骸》(Trainwreck)、《白色上帝》(White God)及《狼群》(The Wolfpack)。
1. Sixty-one percent of Chinese college students who graduated in 2014 are satisfied with their current jobs, a survey has revealed.
2. “Where ETFs have grown — in the US and Europe — there is a big ecosystem of financial advisers,” he says. “You need a more advisory model. But until you see people paying for advice rather than paying for commissions, it is hard to see when it will take off.”
3. 在牵手其他领域的精英这一点上，谷歌并非独家。今年早些时候，英特尔（Intel）便宣布与美国时尚设计师协会（Council of Fashion Designers of America，CFDA）和奢侈品零售商Opening Ceremony合作，设计智能手镯。时尚品牌汤丽柏琦（Tory Burch）也与Fitbit携手设计了与可穿戴技术创业公司Misfit Wearables的无线运动跟踪器Shine Tracker类似的吊坠与手镯。而苹果（Apple）也发掘了各行各业的人才，包括博柏利（Burberry）前任首席执行官安吉拉o阿伦德茨（担任零售主管）、伊夫o圣o洛朗（Yves Saint Laurent）前任首席执行官保罗o丹尼佛以及耐克（Nike）的前任设计主管本o谢弗。
4. And, this year, Star Wars found its way onto the list as well, with ‘starwars’ claiming the 16th spot.
5. Through an ETF buying programme that has been criticised by some as the “de facto nationalisation” of the Japanese stock market, the central bank indirectly holds a 10 per cent stake in some 22 large Japanese companies and about 3 per cent of the whole Japanese stock market.
3. East New York in Brooklyn will be the test case when the Department of City Planning presents initial recommendations early next year. After that, the rezoning process could begin for the neighborhood, among the city’s poorest. A proposal for west Flushing in Queens is next.
4. McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500), the all-American fast food Mecca, announced it would put $20 billion towards share repurchases and dividends Thursday, jumping on board the buyback trend that has boomed over the past 18 months.
His eloquent defence of equality came after a year of faltering progress on gay marriage in the US and as arguments rage about the lack of diversity among the people running the Silicon Valley companies, including Apple, who shape so much of our culture.
The pipelines were building in spite of poor performance for this year’s high-profile deal from Snap, the owner of Snapchat, in the US and investor concerns that a strengthening euro may curtail the earnings recovery in Europe.
Adding to the growing literature of sell-side analysts who think the answer to Apple's (AAPL) market valuation woes (down 35% since September) is a low-cost iPhone, MorganStanley's Katy Huberty has looked at China, the world's largest smartphone market, and done the math.
201212/212620.shtmlChina won the Robot World Cup Soccer 2013 against the Netherlands in a thrilling match that resulted in a 2-3 win for China.The Robot World Cup Soccer was held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, which defended its Robot World Cup title of last year.